Welcome to Rajeev & Shweta's World! I think this is the best way to keep in touch with your frends and relatives whom we may not meet often. So welcome to our site and enjoy! I will keep updating the latest happenings in our day to day lives to the site

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My Pune Trip!!

Hi All,

I visited my parents , brother and sister in law in Pune this weekend. I was there on 3rd and 4th of July. Let me start with what I call as a spectacular view of the Express Highway which is connecting Mumbai and Pune! For those of who have never been on the express highway , you must visit the same especially in the rainy season. It is the first highway to be created in this manner between Pune and Mumbai. The roads were wet , the mountains on either side looked green and beautiful!! The wide roads were shining in the rain!! There were waterfalls in a row one after the other on one side of the road. It was raining heavily and a sight for sore eyes on the express highway!! Pune Expressway connects the commercial and cultural capitals of India. To drive the mumbai pune expressway is to rediscover the joy of disciplined and responsible driving. It completely lacks the indian road chaos. It is another landmark of modern India.
Notable features of Mumbai Pune Express Highway are:
· Six lane concrete highway divided in center by a 7m-wide divider. An extra lane provided on each side as a hard shoulder.
· The Mumbai Pune expressway should cut down travel time between Mumbai and Pune to less than 2 hours at an average speed of 80kmph.
· Separate tunnels for traffic in each direction.
· Complete fencing to avoid humans/animals crossing the expressway.
· No two wheelers, three wheelers and tractor vehicles allowed.
· Provision of Petrol pumps / motels / workshops / Toilets / Emergency Phones and Breakdown Vans etc.
· Proposed planting of 70,000 trees along mumbai pune expressway
Finally we reached Pune at 1pm in the afternoon on Sunday. This time most of my trip was dedicated to my nephew Raunak. I gifted him a nice electronic car! He is now 1.5 yeard old and very very adorable. Rajeev was playing with him throughout the day till late in the night. In the evening we all went to Gold Adlabs where Raunak was busy playing in the mall in the kiddies section and all of us were doing window shopping. We also went to the Horror Show which is present in the mall. Me and my sister in law Chinar were really scared while that 15 min thing lasted. On Monday morning, I went for a haircut to Jasbir’s in Camp. This haircut was long pending!! Then I caught up with a friend of mine who is also my ex-colleague . We shopped on MG Road in the afternoon. Then later in the evening Rajeev and me visited one of his friend outside his office at Tadiwala Road . Pune brings back my old memories! And while I was crossing Gera Plaza , Nandu’s Paratha House , Mazorin’s etc , I missed my old friends and remembered them a lot! Later in the evening we left for Mumbai. There was some minor landslide which had happened near Khandala so we got late by half an hour. Otherwise the journey back home was good. For more snaps click here - PUNE SNAPS

2 Comments:

Blogger MasalaMom said...

You sure made the most out of your trip to Pune!...GREAT!

I can picture Rajeev playing with Raunak: CUTE!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 
Blogger Nidhi said...

Yeah the trip sounds real fun! you must be all refreshed after having a great break!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home