Welcome to Rajeev & Shweta's World! I think this is the best way to keep in touch with your frends and relatives whom we may not meet often. So welcome to our site and enjoy! I will keep updating the latest happenings in our day to day lives to the site

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Awaiting the Monsoons!

Hi Friends! I am back in the blogging world after a long period of 7 days. Actually my exams are on and I was busy studying. I finished 3 of my difficult papers this week. Now I have 4 more to go , 3 next week and one the week after that.. I also have to submit my pending assignments before 30th May!! So may be I would not be able to post that often for the next 2 weeks. Mumbai is hot , very hot nowadays however we just had the first shower of rain yesterday morning! It was a beautiful scenery at 6 am yesterday , everything was green , the mud smelt good!! I am waiting for the monsoon to come!! But hey I don’t wanna get trapped in the rain like last year !! The 26th July scene was bad last year. Me and Rajeev had taken a leave from office as we had some work in the bank at Parel. When we finished our work the water had already risen to the knee level and it was all in the bank as well! We were stuck in the traffic for 6 hours and I actually took 2 short naps in the car! Imagine , stuck in the middle of the traffic and sleeping! Thankfully I have all my relatives staying in different parts of Mumbai and we then managed to get our car into a small lane. We walked to my aunt Rupa Aatya’s place and slept there for the night. My cousin Sheetal had also walked from Parel to Rupa Aatya place. Next day the water level came down at around 4pm , so we left for our place from there! But I really appreciate the spirit of the people of Mumbai which truly makes Mumbai the best city in India! Although my personal choice would always remain Pune . There were people on the streets making food arrangements for the people stuck in the traffic for hours!! The water level was so bad that even some of the buses were under water! All this was due to the bad drainage system however there is a lot of work going on currently on almost all the road to correct the drainage system. Hopefully this mess won’t be created this monsoon! I have uploaded some photos of the rains last year :

4 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Wow looks like you had a really hard time....hope everything went ok with the rains! Here it is very hot in Texas! Like a furnace already....Jeff and I take time off every weekend to go hiking or something. Take care and good luck for your exams. I'm sure you will do great.
Love
Mona

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 
Blogger Nidhi said...

Hi Shweta,
All the very best for the hectic times! I am sure u must be enjoying the monsoon showers and all the greenery and the smell of mud( i just loove it). Hope this time it wd be a safer monsoon! Touch wood!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 
Blogger Prash said...

Bon Courage for your exams and for the pending assignments.

Monsoons - i love to see the arrival of the Monsoon. Especially in kerala, the south west monsoon. But once it starts and makes the city very chaotic i hate it. I am not blaming the Mother Nature for that. I am blaming US...the human being for not building a proper town...the urbanisation !!!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 
Blogger MasalaMom said...

Ah...yes! Monsoon '05 was quite hectic! We all hope it doesn't happen again!!!!...

Summer in Mumbai makes me wish for Monsoon rains...but when there's too much water...I actually miss the heat! Good thing there's a 'winter season' with just the right temperature!

Shweta: *ALL THE BEST* for your upcoming tests and assignments!

Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home