Welcome to Rajeev & Shweta's World! I think this is the best way to keep in touch with your frends and relatives whom we may not meet often. So welcome to our site and enjoy! I will keep updating the latest happenings in our day to day lives to the site

Monday, June 12, 2006

My Nashik Visit

Hi everyone!! I am back after a hiatus of 11 days!! My exams are finally over!! YAHOO!!! I am feeling so relieved. It has been a hectic time for me although my exam center was a very stress free one. The college is built on the beach and I would get to see a beautiful view of the water while I was writing my papers!!

Last fifteen days as I said there was nothing much happening and I didn’t have anything to post. But 9th my last paper got over in the afternoon and the same day we had guests from Delhi at our place. Rajeev’s 2 aunts , 2 uncles and his grandmother had come to stay at our place . Actually they all were on a religious trip to Bhimashankar and Trimbakeshwara in Nashik. These are 2 Jytotirlingas of Lord Shiva out of the 12 which exist in India. It is said that Lord Shiva exist in each of the Jyotilinga and the one who see all 12 are freed of our sins. Nashik is called a Pilgramage city due to the no. of temples and holy places which exist in the city. The three lingas in this 18th century temple dedicated to Trimbakeswara are eye-shaped. Tri means "three," and Ambak means "eye," thus trimbaka means the "three-eyed one," who is Lord Shiva. This temple was visited by Lord Chaitanya. This interesting temple was built in 1730 by Baji Rao Peshwa, costing almost a million rupees at that time! Bhimashankar is also an amazing place. Actually we used to go there for trekking in our school days. I haven’t really clicked a lot of snaps due to the hectic journey however I have managed to click a few of the Trimakeshwara Temple and all of us. Click here SNAPS to see the snaps. We also went to Muktidham temple which is situated in Nasik. It has the statues and photos of almost all Indian Gods!!The Muktidham Temple is located near the station, around 7 kms from the city. The temple has been built with pure white makrana marble tiles making it a unique piece of architecture. The distinctive feature found here is that, eighteen chapters of the Bhagwad Geeta are written on the walls of the temple.

These 3 days were very hectic for me. More than anything I was very tensed because first time in 2.5 years of our marriage we had Rajeev’s relatives staying at our place. So me and Rajeev had to see that we give them full attention and there is complete hospitality extended to them. Because on our annual visit to Delhi evefry year , they do the same to us and take very good care of us!! At the end of it they were very pleased with their stay here and especially with me!! Thank God!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nidhi said...

hey shweta, nice to have you back, u bet, can imagine when relatives come, u come under stress just to ensure that they are comfortable,
it must be a very nice feeling for you when they all were pleased with u guys,
so now u must be enjoying the exams free days hv fun

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 
Blogger Shweta & Rajeev's World said...

Hi Nidhi...Ya you really get stressed but its fun as well. How are you ? Are you travelling with your relatives in Europe ?

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home